Full Eastbound Highway 401 Closure – September 19th and 20th
The Eastbound lanes of Highway 401 between Hespeler Road and Townline Road will be fully closed to traffic on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 from 11:00PM to 5:00AM and again on Thursday, September 20, 2018 from 11:00PM to 5:00AM for the installation of bridge girders at the new Franklin Boulevard Bridge.
Highway 401 traffic will be rerouted from Hespeler Road (Regional Road #24) along Pinebush Road (Regional Road #39) to Townline Road (Regional Road #33).
Expect delays through this area.
The Highway 401 eastbound lane closure is subject to weather conditions.
Full Closure of Franklin Boulevard Off-Ramp – September 10th to September 24th
When travelling eastbound on Highway 401 towards Franklin Boulevard, the Franklin Boulevard off-ramp remains fully closed until September 24, 2018. The off-ramp is closed to accommodate construction work on the new Franklin Boulevard Bridge.
Construction on Highway 417 eastbound and westbound from 1.7km west of I/C#115 (St. Laurent Boulevard) to 0.7km west of I/C#110 (Walkley Road) is underway.
The Work includes full depth concrete base repairs, resurfacing, installation of a new Highway 417 Westbound Aviation Parkway Exit /Highway 417 West overhead sign and removal of some transit priority measures to facilitate the reopening of the Highway 417 westbound to Regional Road 174 westbound ramp once the LRT is implemented.
The work will result in the following lane restrictions:
- Single lane closures will occur throughout the construction season on Highway 417 (Monday to Sunday) and on OR174 (Monday to Sunday). Permitted times for lane closures (Sun 21:00 – 23:59) (Mon to Wed 21:00 to 6:00) (Thu to Fri 22:00 to 6:00) (Sat 00:00 to 10:00).
- Two full closures will occur at OR174 westbound access to Highway 417 westbound (see attached detour):
- Thursday September 13, 2018 at 22:00 to Friday September 14 at 06:00
- Wednesday September 26, 2018 at 22:00 to Thursday September 27 at 06:00
- Two 57 Hour single lane closures will occur at Highway 417 westbound and OR 174 westbound. Highway 417 westbound from the OR174 westbound / Highway 417 westbound split westerly will have two lanes open, one occupying OR174 westbound traffic and the other occupying Highway 417 westbound traffic through the work zone:
- September 21, 2018 to September 24, 2018 (21:00 Friday to 06:00 Monday)
- September 28, 2018 to October 1, 2018 (21:00 Friday to 06:00 Monday)
- Closure of the direct access from the St-Laurent Transit station to Highway 417 westbound. Date to be confirmed by the City.
Published: August 17, 2018
In the spring of 2018, the Ministry of Transportation opened a new carpool lot at Highway 410/ Courtneypark Drive interchange.
The lot is located on the north-east side of the interchange and can be accessed by using Highway 410 northbound off ramp exit at Courtneypark Drive.
The lot can accommodate 291 vehicles (12 are barrier-free spaces).
Highway 417 Carling Avenue Westbound On-Ramp will be closed for a period of 9 weeks from Monday August 13th until Monday October 15th to facilitate the reconstruction of the ramp required as part of the highway widening. Please plan ahead and use the Maitland Avenue on-ramp to Highway 417.
HIGHWAY 61 BETWEEN BROADWAY AVENUE AND NEEBING AVENUE/PRINCESS STREETTHUNDER BAY — The Ministry of Transportation wishes to advise that Highway 61 between Broadway Avenue and Neebing Avenue/Princess Street, will be closed nightly to traffic starting on Monday, June 4, 2018 between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:30 am. The nightly closure will continue until November 2018. A marked detour will be provided from Highway 61 Neebing Avenue to Broadway Avenue and back to Highway 61 in both directions.
The highway closures are necessary to ensure the safety of road users and workers while construction work is underway on Rosslyn Road Overhead, CPR Overhead and CNR Subway structures on Highway 61.
We apologize for the inconvenience and urge motorists to schedule their travel to minimize any delays. Motorists are reminded to obey and follow all traffic signage and flag persons for the safety of both workers and drivers.