TOW ZONE PILOT ON SECTIONS OF GREATER TORONTO AREA HIGHWAYSThe Ministry of Transportation has launched a restricted towing zones pilot on sections of provincial highways in the Greater Toronto Area. If you need assistance in a restricted towing zone:
- Call 911 if it is an emergency or if you are in a travelled lane and cannot safely move your vehicle to a safe location
- Call 511 if you are in a safe location and you need a tow (select the option for the Tow Zone Pilot)
- Only call 511 if you are in a restricted towing zone on a provincial highway (see map below).
This closure is needed to complete the rehabilitation of the Highway 401 King Street overpass structure.
Advanced signing will be in place. Motorists are advised to find an alternate route.
Ontario 511 appThe Ontario 511 team has released a new winter ready mobile app. The Ontario 511 app is now available to all drivers and includes these additional features;
- Track My Plow which will allow drivers to track the location of snowplows and salt trucks on provincial highways in Ontario
- Information on winter road conditions so drivers can see which roads are bare or covered with snow
- Weather warnings from Environment Canada to alert drivers of upcoming storms
- Up-to-date information on rest areas across the province