The Ontario 511 app provides images from over 600 cameras and includes up-to-date highway information on construction, collisions and road closures. It also identifies open rest areas and locations throughout the province that offer food and fuel. The app includes an easy to use map view and features a drive mode that provides hands free audio alerts. Ontario 511 is available through Google Play and App Store.
The following tips will help you navigate through the Ontario 511 phone system.
Dial 511 (within Ontario), or toll free while driving in another province or state at 1-866-929-4257.
Once connected, you will hear a welcome message and will be prompted to identify your preferred language (English or French):
- Say “English” or press 1
- Say “Français” or press 2
Next, if there are closures in effect, you will hear a list of closures.
- Say the highway you want conditions on, or dial the highway number.
- Note, the dial number for QEW is 1
- If there are more than 5 sections within the highway you have selected, you will be prompted to give either a single location or a from and to location
- After your highway section is determined, you will hear road conditions, then any construction information.
- At any time you may say:
- “Skip” to move to the next section
- “Repeat” to hear the information again
- “Start over” to indicate what highway you want information on
- “Agent” or press 0 to speak with a live agent
- “Goodbye” to leave a comment and/or end the call
- Lack of response, after three attempts will direct you to an agent