Ontario 511 features a Google-based map that allows you to access information about Ontario highways. For information about Google Maps visit the Google Maps Help Centre.
To use the website:
- 1. Select the information you want on the legend – a corresponding icon/line will then appear on the map.
- 2. Click on the icon/line to access more detailed information.
How do I Use Ontario 511
The navigation video shows step-by-step instructions to assist you with using the Ontario 511 Route Planner. An accessible version of the video is available.For accessible version including captions: Accessible Quick Star: Ontario 511 Using the Route Planner
Quick Start: Ontario 511 Using the Route Planner
Navigation videos show step-by-step instructions to assist you with using the My 511 features. Accessible versions of videos are available.
Quick Start: Register with Ontario 511
For Accessible version including captions: Accessible Quick Start: Register with Ontario 511
Quick Start: Ontario 511 Personalization Features
For Accessible version including captions: Accessible Quick Start: Ontario 511 Personalization Features
The following tips will help you navigate through the Ontario 511 phone system.
Getting started: Dial 511 (within Ontario), or toll free while driving in another province or state at 1-866-929-4257.
Welcome message: Once connected, you will hear a welcome message and will be prompted to identify your preferred language (English or French):
- Say “English” or press 1
- Say “Francais” or press 2
Next, if there are closures in effect, you will hear a list of closures.
- Say the highway you want conditions on, or dial the highway number.
- Note, the dial number for QEW is 1
- o If there are more than 5 sections within the highway you have selected, you will be prompted to give either a single location or a from and to location
- After your highway section is determined, you will hear road conditions, then any construction information.
- At any time you may say:
- “Skip” to move to the next section
- “Repeat” to hear the information again
- “Start over” to indicate what highway you want information on
- “Agent” or press 0 to speak with a live agent
- “Goodbye” to leave a comment and/or end the call
- Lack of response, after three attempts will direct you to an agent